Australia

I have a diagnosed spigelian hernia, my right abdomen is very sore but no lump and i have had diarrhea for 12 days. are these connected?

Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 34 years experience
Possibly: Spigelian hernias are notoriously difficult to diagnose since the hernia is in the inner muscle layer of the abdominal wall; since there is intact fascia above the hernia, one often cannot see or feel a bulge. Therefore, your pain certainly may be due to the hernia. Diarrhea is rarely due to hernias, but it's possible. More importantly, if you have a spigelian hernia, you should have it repaired.

Last updated Nov 30, 2014