IN
A 30-year-old male asked about a 29-year-old female:

my wife is 36 weeks pregnant. a week ago urine test showed uti, given cifran. today a ctg showed baby's heart rate with baseline 170 bpm. wife has 99 deg fever. does this warrant cesarean section now?

Dr. Victor Bonuel
I don't think so.: Mention your concerns with your oby. The low grade fever and the fast fetal heart rate likely is from the uti. The antibiotics should take care of the infection.Take care and god bless u and your child! http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/m/pubmed/23761161/http://www.Medindia.Net/surgicalprocedures/caesarean-section-types-and-indications.Htm.