U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old female asked:

So confused as to why i am unable to show all emotions in front of pyschologist and others but on my own i get really down ans suicidal ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 35 years experience
It takes time: To build trust with a therapist. Tell them how hard it is to speak about your feelings with anyone. They will help you open up. When depressed try calling a hotline where the staff are trained to help people 24/7. Avoid alcohol since it will make you feel more depressed. If your thoughts include plans of ways to harm yourself call your therapist or go to an emergency room and get help right away.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 15, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.