Pomona, CA

Are there any health benefits for hugging a teddy bear?

Dr. John Munshower
possible: Similar to "pet therapy" which has proven to be beneficial and improve a persons mental health and well being, certainly the good feeling you may get from hugging a teddy bear may be helpful to you. It will not cure diseases though. Happy hugging.
I think so: I used to be involved in 'spiritual clowning'. We used to visit ill children and the elderly in nursing homes. The stuffed animals brought incredible joy to people. People who tended to reacte to almost nothing would respond. Especiallyto the monkey hand puppet i had. The wanted to touch it, hold it and often didn't want to let go when it was time for me ; the monkey to go.