A 17-year-old female asked about a 21-year-old female:

my period was suppose to come oct 25 but i've been taking amoxicillin for strep throat. it is now oct 27th. am i late or is it amoxicillin?

Amoxicillin should : Not delay your period. But having strep throat might.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Get well soon!: Two days late is not too unusual even without an illness and meds. So, first get well. Only you (and your guy) know if you had unprotected sex near your ovulation time and that's essential for pregnancy. Ask your doctor for eval if recovery is slow and/or your period skips entirely. I hope you're fine soon in all ways.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016