i've developed a clicking feeling in my throat, when i swallow food or drinks. i've had ct scan, x-ray, blood tests, etc all normal. should i b worried?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Zachary Levine
27 years experience Neurosurgery
palatal myoclonus: Sometimes clicking in the throat can be a movement disorder called palatal myoclonus. This is a benign and rare syndrome. You should see and ENT who specializes in voice or a movement disorder neurologist if the work up so far is negative.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
2
Dr. William Culviner
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Sometimes normal: The larynx can make noise or "crepitance" when it glides over the structures behind it. Sometimes the muscles that pull the larynx contribute to this problem. Maybe there has been an injury to the cervical muscles or there is some tension/tightness in the muscles. Generally, this is not a concern but really does need a good ENT history and exam to check it out.
Answered on Jun 7, 2016
Dr. David Brouwer
swallowing symptom: If the tests have all been normal and you still feel the clicking, it is reasonable to have an evaluation by an ENT doctor for a laryngoscopy. In that procedure, a small scope is passed into the area behind your throat to check the larynx and vocal cords. It is usually done in the office and is well tolerated.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014