Las Vegas, NV

is it weird that when i had knee surgery my doctor help my hand while i fell asleep?

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry 39 years experience
No: Some drs do some do not, it is meant to relax you and relieve anxiety. I would do physical therapy if you think you need it to get back to 100%.
Dr. Michael Bailin
Anesthesiology 37 years experience
that is normal: Often while anesthesia is administered, your nurse or doctor (or both) will hold your hand to show compassion and to help calm you. Usually patients have a mask over their face and they are in a "scary" environment, and it is a nice gesture to have your hand held.

Last updated Nov 9, 2015