I had eclampsia on my first pregnancy. delivery on 35 weeks, my baby girl dead after 5days delivery. what causes dead n what d best week to delivery?

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Abruption: Most likely cause of fetal death in the setting of hypertension is an abruption where a part or all of the placenta shears away from uterus due to high blood pressure. When baby loses placenta, baby loses oxygen and can't live for very long after that. Best is to be monitored closely in next pregnancy and have frequent blood pressure checks, understand signs/symptoms and possibly medication.

Last updated Oct 21, 2013