menstruating and itching of the breast and stomach is it normal?

It could be: Related to stretching of skin due to fluid retention.

My baby cries whenever I put her to sleep on her tummy, they say I have to do that 4 her lungs to be strong?

Who told you that ?: The american academy of pediatrics & many other advisory groups have promoted sleeping on a babies back since the early 90's. Since that time we have seen a 40-50% drop in crib death over that period. I know of no one that advises belly sleeping for any reason, although if baby rolls into that position after 6m i don't try to change it. Tummy time while awake can help build upper body strength.

I have a deep cough that hurts my chest. I have had bronchitis before should I be worried?

Dr. Vance Harris
Possibly pneumonia: I have found that when people have a deep cough associated with pain on taking a deep breath they often times have pneumonia. You should be evaluated by a physician. If this has been a long-term problem then you definitely need to be evaluated as there are other causes.
San Jose, CA

My breast leak milk with a little bit of squeeze, I have a little sharp pains on the right side of my low abdominal area

Dr. Adam Newman
May be normal but: You need to get checked by your doctor. There are lots of possible causes for galactorrhea (leaving milky fluid) and most are easy to deal with. Bottom line - go get a checkup! good luck.
San Antonio, TX

My husband had a lung biopsy done and it resulted in hemothorax he was put on a ventilator for two days and remains hospitalized is the hospital responsible for bills of overstay ?

No, of course not: Pneumothorax and hemothorax are two of the known complications that can happen with a lung biopsy if a patient is unlucky. A patient is responsible for his bills if he has a good outcome, a medium outcome, or a bad outcome; as long as it isn't some truly strange case in which the doctor(s) and/or hospital did something unusually bad or criminal.
Altus, OK

I have sternal chest pain and cxr showed increased lung markings in the base of my lungs. I was sent home to folliw up. Is this serious? Cardiac labs were normal.

Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Probably not: I presume you we're seen in er. Increased lung markings at the base of lung is probably nothing. I think you should be worried. Anyway you will be going to your doctor, he will be in a better position to help you.

Last updated Oct 20, 2013