what kind of doctor should i see for a lump in my lower back?

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
General Surgery: Please visit your PCP for a possible referral to General Surgery.

Long diamond shape lump on lower back?

Eval: Don't know where on the lower back it is. If it is in the area of the gluteal cleft (butt crack) it could be a pilonidal cyst. Cysts can develop on others areas of the back as well as lipomas. Most are more rounded in shape (not angular). Your doctor should be able to help identify the lesion. Take care.
United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I have a lump in my lower back on the right side it moves freely and moves position when i bend over and slouch what could it be?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Lipoma: The most common lumps around there ( fatty tissue tumor).

Is it possible that a small lump on my lower back be dangerous?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Different options: Our bodies have a lot of things in it both in the skin and below it. Sweat glands, hair follicles and skin cysts as well as lymph nodes, fatty tissue, vessels, tendons and other things. Is the lump growing, inflamed, painful, painless, draining, recurrent or constant, moveable or fixed...? Each of these (and many more) will provide your doc the answers as to what it is and what needs to be done.
A male asked:

Got a small lump on lower back should i be worrried ?

Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes: Depending on what it is could grow larger. Need a photo or consult a doctor for diagnosis. Possibilities include pimple, cyst, lipoma, carbuncle. Each possibility is treated differently.