Chicago, IL

I wake up every night after a few hours from dull soreness in my ribs (both sides) that lasts for an hour after i wake up. it happens regardless of sleep position. help!

Dr. David Brouwer
Rib pain: Rib pain that is not due to trauma can be due to inflammation in the cartilage that attaches the rib to the sternum (costochondritis), inflammation of the lining of the chest cavity (pleurisy), or perhaps infection in the lung. If the anti-inflammatory meds that you have tried are not effective, it's time to see your physician for an evaluation.
Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
Sleep position : You are 29 male and note soreness in the chest/ribs after sleeping. This is most likely a sleep position related. Try sleeping in a reclining chair and note if the pain remains. Check the quality of you mattress the age as well. Start with recording what makes it better or worse to help figure this out if you need your doctor for this.

Last updated Nov 25, 2020