Is it smart to start skiing at 50?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
No.: Unless your stamina and fitness have dramatically improved and are much better that the average 50-year old, it would not be a great idea to start skiing at 50.
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Depends: If you are in good shape and want to expand , get an excellent instructor and take it one day at a time. I encourage you to stay in shape, know your limits regarding thin air when in high elevations and enjoy it. I know of people who have learned very late in life and loved it. Using the proper equipment, clothing and getting excellent instruction make a big difference.