Mount Olive, NC

What is the realistic chances i have tonsil cancer. if my tonsils bleed? im 22 and don't drink or smoke i do have white spots in tonsil crypts though

Dr. Yash Khanna
White spots on tonsi: You seem to have tonsillitis.You should see your doctor and have strep test done if you have white spots on it and if it is positive then you need 10 days course of antibiotics.If you still have bleeding then see ENT specialist.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna commented
Provided original answer
I want to add that your chances of having throat cancer are almost none
Mar 24, 2012
Pathology 49 years experience
Infection more likel: Rarely epstein barr virus causes cancer in the tonsils, in young persons. However, what you described is more likely to be a chronic infection. Please consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Last updated May 27, 2015