Top answers from doctors based on your search:

tagamet for heartburn

Dr. Michael Sparacino
36 years experience in Family Medicine
Discuss it: You can certainly discuss it with your doctor. He/she will give you the pros and cons of the procedure.

Dr. Timothy Farley
9 years experience in General Practice
1
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
50 years experience in Cardiology
Heartburn: Try mylanta or maalox and go back to your doctor.
Dr. Sidney Vinson
26 years experience in Gastroenterology
Yes: Heartburn is a common symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). Not all heartburn is gerd( 95%+ is) and not everyone with gerd has heartburn.
1
48 years experience in Pathology
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
48 years experience in Internal Medicine
Yes: Zantac (ranitidine) is h2 blocker that decreases acid secretion that is cause of acid reflux.
12
Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience in Internal Medicine
1
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience in General Practice
3
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
20 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
It seems my GI...: Buddies prefer esomeprazole but really it is what works best with your body, as with any medication.
1
Dr. Fred Birnbaum
42 years experience in Podiatry
Dr. Vance Harris
36 years experience in Family Medicine
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience in Psychiatry
Zantac (ranitidine): Nope, but it will calm your stomach down.
1
Dr. David Drewitz
26 years experience in Gastroenterology
Yes...: Gaviscon is a good safe effective fast remedy for heartburn relief.
1
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
26 years experience in Internal Medicine
Yes: It should help. If it does not you can try a PPI- proton pump inhibitor, ie omeprazole, lansoprazole. Hope it helps.
Dr. John Norvell
1
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience in Rheumatology
Yes: It is usually very effective if taken every day.
Dr. Bryan Levey
26 years experience in Pediatrics
1
Dr. Leslie Leighton
42 years experience in Internal Medicine
Yes indeed: yes
Dr. Tracy Sinha
52 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Yes: You can take it and should til you find out the cause , do see an allergist.
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
32 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
2
Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience in Gastroenterology
1
Dr. Luis Villaplana
34 years experience in Internal Medicine
Dr. Paul Williams
34 years experience in Family Medicine
1
Dr. Bennett Werner
43 years experience in Cardiology
1

People also searched for:

Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!