Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

Swollen neck glands

A 49-year-old female asked:
Dr. Cory Annis
28 years experience Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Check it out: Swollen glands are not always serious, but they are never "normal". If not associated with an obvious illness like a current cold or flu, they should ... Read More
2
2 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
Need an ENT check up: Neck glands can swell up from repeated sore throats. This generally happens from virus infections but it can also be due to a strept throat infection ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Thaler
40 years experience Prosthodontics
Swollen glands: You have a series of glands made up of lymph tissue that run along under your jaw (both sides) and under the muscle that runs from behind your ear dow ... Read More
11
11 thanks
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Carmen O'Malley
42 years experience General Practice
Swollen neck glands: How long have they been swollen? Are they painful? If the contition persists longer than @ weeks, you might think to see an md.
1
1 thank
A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Neither: Tray taking an NSAID such as advil (ibuprofen) or motrin, if the glands are too large and causing you to have difficulty swallowing, call your doctor.
2
2 thanks
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Go to your doctor: Neck glands do not swell up from a simple "cold". Good luck.
9
9 thanks
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam answered
35 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
LYMPHADENOPATHY: 90% of swollen neck nodes in children are related to infection of sinus, tonsils etc. See an Otolaryngologist to r/o the other 10%.
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Carlo Contreras
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Mono vs lymphoma: You should visit your doctor. The things i would want to make sure you don't have are mononucleosis (a viral infection) or a type of blood cancer cal ... Read More
9
9 thanks
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Yes: but they are not likely to "cure" the swollen glands.
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lisa Rankin
24 years experience ADHD and Autism
Inflammation: Lymph nodes usually swell in response to some type of infection in the local area. Some times the nodes will do that without obvious infection and ant ... Read More
1
1 comment
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month