Top answers from doctors based on your search:

swelling at top of spine

Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
See doctor: If there is no trauma or insect bite, you need to ask your doctor to take a look at it since the area involved is sizable.
1
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
1
Dr. John Michalski
35 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Swelling at spine: Consider thoracic or lumbar strain and sprain as most likely cause.
Dr. Robert Kent
11 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
1
Dr. Amrit Singh
50 years experience Cardiology
It may: be a cyst that may get infected. so use loose pant and avoid pressure esp. long sitting or driving
1
Dr. Bikash Bose
44 years experience Neurosurgery
No: I am not sure what kind of swelling you are talking about . But if it's outside the spine and the bony spine is intact then the answer is no.
1
Dr. John Michalski
35 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Back pain: Rest, ice, nsaids, purified omega, pt/modalities/laser/tens, massage, yoga, pilates. See orthopedic or spine doc if having radicular pain.