Top answers from doctors based on your search:

My husband had sinus surgery and now has had the hiccups for several hours

A male asked:
Dr. Boris Aronzon
23 years experience Anesthesiology
Anesthesia: Rare, but is possible after anesthesia. Call your surgeon to obtain prescription which will help you to stop hiccups.
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 47-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
Since : Since he has such persistent symptoms, I am glad that he is going back in to be seen. He may need a scope procedure to look into the sinus areas and ... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Elisa Ribelles-medhus
40 years experience Internal Medicine
Stitch reaction: This is a very common reaction where the body tries to attack is stitch as if it’s a foreign body, which of course it is. Then scar tissue can develop ... Read More
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Matt Wachsman
35 years experience Internal Medicine
Can't say: Without an actual examination, I cannot give specific medical advice on your particular health, AND... leftover blood from surgery often gives dark b ... Read More
1 thank
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Cynthia Archer
18 years experience Internal Medicine
Try asking again.: Keep the question simple. I am not sure what you want to know in this case, but I'd like to help if I can.
A 66-year-old member asked:
Dr. Angela Zhang
18 years experience Family Medicine
Many causes: A few small nosebleeds each year is ok.. The most common cause of nosebleeds in children is due to nose picking/ trauma. Other common causes include m ... Read More
11 thanks
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Scott Hacking
17 years experience Family Medicine
Pelvic pain: Ovarian cysts can cause pelvic pain are can be diagnosed with ultrasound. It is also important to have a pelvic exam and testing for infections of the ... Read More
A 43-year-old male asked:
Dr. Andrea Brand
Specializes in Family Medicine
Reevaluation: "Stomach flu" does not usually last this long, so it's best to have a reevaluation of the problem. Depending on the specific symptoms and physical fin ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Trigeminal nerve: The most common form of paroxysmal orofacial pain is trigeminal neuralgia. Typically, a pain attack is accompanied by tic-like cramps or involuntary s ... Read More
A 57-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Withdrawal: It would appear given the short description that he may be in some form of withdrawal. If he has been on alcohol and/ or methdone for some time it may ... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Warren Wolfe
57 years experience Family Medicine
Need more info: What was the cancer your mother was treated for? Diarrhea is a condition with many causes not only cancer. Diarrhea for 5 days is too long without acc ... Read More
1 thank
A 64-year-old female asked:
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
30 years experience Cardiology
Malnourished: You need to see a good internist -- you could be malnourished among others -- how much weight have you lost ?
1 thank
A 55-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kenneth Reichert
34 years experience Neurosurgery
ACDF Respiratory: Anterior cervical spine operations as a rule don't cause respiratory problems. Difficulty breathing after surgery should be evaluated by your surgeon. ... Read More
A 46-year-old male asked:
Dr. Harold Peltan
27 years experience Ophthalmology
Conditions?: What are the underlying conditions for which your father is being treated? Sometimes keeping the vision the same is a huge win because the patient wou ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. David Astrachan
36 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Jaw joint?: Sometimes the jaw joint can become injured during dental procedures. By having the mouth open very widely the muscles around the jaw can be stretched ... Read More
A 47-year-old male asked:
Dr. John McMahan
47 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Fever and nosebleeds: Call your pediatrician for advice... She may be able to be treated over the phone or she may need to be examined.
2 thanks
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Matthew Wilson
12 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Many possibilities: It could be your period, mass on your cervix, breakthrough bleeding, infection, or it could be totally normal--depending on whether you're getting any ... Read More
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Warren Everett
Specializes in Family Medicine
See doctor: trigeminal neuralgia can be treated with medication to control the discomfort if that is what she has. A doctor will examine her, and do some tests a ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin answered
50 years experience Urology
May have...: By the sequence of events in history, the nerve to testes from ilioinguinal nerve or the genital branch from genitofemoral nerve was compromised by th ... Read More
A 12-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Abdominal upset: The intestines contract to move food forward in waves (called peristalsis) every 15-20 minutes or so. If that is the periodicity of her abdominal pain ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Colton Bradshaw
Specializes in Pediatrics
Needs pediatrician.: It may be just coincidence that the urinary frequency has been noted since her recent ENT surgery, however she deserves to be seen by her pediatrician ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Carlo Hatem
24 years experience Pulmonary Critical Care
Control blood sugar: The key is good control of blood sugar. This is usually a complication of uncontrolled long standing diabetes. Monitor his hba1c and keep it below 7. ... Read More
1 comment

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits