Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

gold poisoning

A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
46 years experience Pediatrics
Many possibilities. : Lead was used as an additive to paints used in home building years ago & the inhalation of paint dust during renovations, or kids chewing on cribs pai ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Specializes in Family Medicine
Lead in environment: Sources of lead include old paint (babies chewing on windowsills); soil near a highway; pottery with lead based glaze (usually imported); and some toy ... Read More
Dr. William Singer
51 years experience Pediatric Neurology
Plumbism: Most lead poisoning comes from lead that is ingested from pain containing lead dusting within the home, peeling and young children eating a piece of p ... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
49 years experience Pathology
Not a matter for : Self treatment. Lead poisoning may require chelation therapy, please consult your doctor. For more information on prevention, symptoms etc see this s ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 25-year-old member asked:
Dr. Luke Hermann
25 years experience Emergency Medicine
A toxicologist: Toxicologists have fellowship training in the area of toxicology which includes common poisonings. The easiest way to access a toxicologist if you thi ... Read More
1
1 comment
2
2 thanks
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Eric L. Weiss
37 years experience Travel Medicine
Awful!: ~ 20 minutes after a toxic dose, the body's muscles begin to twitch and spasm, leading to nearly continuous convulsions and then increased body temper ... Read More
2
2 thanks
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
49 years experience Pathology
Not an issue for: Self treatment. Please consult your doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment. If by op you mean opiate, Atropine is not a proper treatment.
1
1 comment
1
1 thank
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Specializes in Family Medicine
Investigate: First, investigate the environment and try to determine where th lead came from. If the poisoning is severe, IV medications (chelating agents) can hel ... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
36 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
M.D. visit: Lead is an environmental toxin and measurements of high levels in the bloodstream require treatment. Avoiding the source of lead, having your home and ... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
52 years experience Rheumatology
Tainted food.: Usually by eating tainted or undercooked food especially eggs or chicken.
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
30 years experience Internal Medicine
Call: 911 and be rushed to the EMERGENCY room

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month

People also searched for:

Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!
24/7 visits
$15 per month