Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Exposed to mold

Dr. Alex Martinez
Specializes in Allergy
2

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
32 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
2
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
2
Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
13 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
2
Dr. Joram Seggev
Specializes in Allergy and Immunology
1
Dr. Barbara Lavi
34 years experience in Clinical Psychology
Not as far as I know: I have never heard of any studies connecting schizophrenia to mold exposure.
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
44 years experience in Clinical Psychology
Schizophrenia: Exposure to mold can cause several difficulties but I have never heard of anyone developing this serious disorder because of mold exposure. Best.
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-healy
38 years experience in Pediatrics
Could be.: Some kids are allergic to mold and dust.
Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
43 years experience in Pathology
Dr. Tracy Lovell
20 years experience in Rheumatology
See below: If you have lupus and are on immunosuppressive drugs you are more apt to have infection from mold.
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
39 years experience in Preventive Medicine
1
Dr. Marc Serota
13 years experience in Dermatology
No: There is no evidence to suggest these two are linked. Allergy to mold can cause eye, nose or asthma symptoms, but not food allergies.
1
Dr. Michael Erickson
8 years experience in General Practice
2
2 comments
3
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Not likely: The penicillin used for antibiotics is all synthetic and not derived from penicillium mold anymore.
1
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
41 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
3
Dr. Larry Lutwick
48 years experience in Infectious Disease
Generally not: You are not likely to die.
Dr. Corey Clay
9 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
32 years experience in Pediatrics
2
43 years experience in Pathology
Dr. Mark Diamond
45 years experience in Pediatrics
Yes: Allergies to cat fur can trigger an asthma episode in a susceptible child.
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience in Infectious Disease
Unlikely: You can be desensitized, but outgrowing allergies is not likely to happen.
1
43 years experience in Pathology
1
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
1
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
24 years experience in Pulmonary Critical Care
2