U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can you use mupirocin ointment for an infected ear piercing

A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 30 years experience
See doctor: for oral and or topical antibiotics, try cleaning with hydrogen peroxide
A 29-year-old member asked:
Dr. Marya Cassandra
Dermatology 21 years experience
May want evaluation.: You may want to have your ear evaluated by a doctor. If it is not responding to over the counter topical antibiotics like neosporin you may have a com... Read More
Dr. Stephen Friedman
Dermatology 42 years experience
Maybe: Neosporin contains neomycin and may cause an allergic reaction. Polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) does not contain this agent, and is recommended... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Harry Greenberg
Dermatology 28 years experience
You can't: If your ear piercing is infected, you will need to take out the earring. Additionally, you may need to see a medical professional for oral and topica... Read More
Dr. Gwendolyn Cole-Hoover
36 years experience
Use 14 caract gold.: It is important to remove the earring to wash in hydrogen peroxide. Clean your earlobe. Most importantly check to verify the type of metal use to make... Read More
Dr. Robert Greer
Family Medicine 45 years experience
Remove earring: That may be the source of infection or it may not be pure gold.A common problem is other metals, notably nickel, are present and this is an allergic r... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 46 years experience
Unlikely: Very unlikely. See your dentist to assess tooth pain.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
No: Probably you need no antibiotic. Due to uncommon but serious side effects the quinolone antibiotics should be used only if there is no effective alter... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Absolutely: And do this ASAP before things get much worse. Best.
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Harold Kim
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Take out earring: You also probably need a course of antibiotics.
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Seek medical care.: Signs of infection can include: increased swelling, redness, tenderness, ^ pain, warmth, red streaks, purulent drainage, swollen lymph nodes or fever... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Need eval: Check for signs of infection: ^'ed redness, warmth, swelling. ^'ed tenderness, pus, red streaking, swollen lymph nodes or fever. Recommend keeping pie... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Yes, very likely: Any infection of the skin can cause the regional lymph nodes to enlarge and become tender. It means you need to take antibiotics for which you should ... Read More