U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can I put neosporin on my labia minora

A female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Neosporin: Neosporin is not harmful if used on the labia minora but has limited value. This is not a medication that Obgyns would prescribe for labial problems. ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
Yes: It would not be harmful to use a topical antibiotic n that area - but you should be sure that it is needed. If you have an infection that persists in... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Labial infection?: Prior to using anything for a presumed infection, see your gyn provider for an exam and culture. The "small bleeding cut" may not be a simple abrasio... Read More
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
NO: Neosporin, bacitracin, aminoglycosides topically are useless. Worse, they are common sensitizers, causing allergic reactions. What evidence indicates ... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ashwin Patel
43 years experience
Yes you can: Yes you can apply neosporin without any problems. You can apply up to three times a day if you need to.
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 30 years experience
My first question : is what are the wounds from. I would actually use aquaphor and get in to see your gynecologist or dermatologist to determine what is cause unless it i... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Lasnover
Obstetrics and Gynecology 61 years experience
In over 20-25 years of gynecologic practice, I have never performed the procedure in question. It is purely cosmetic and thus a waste of time and mon... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Angela Lamb
Dermatology 14 years experience
Possible irritation: You could have an irritant reaction. I would try over the counter cortisone first. If this does not work then you should see a doctor.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Inflammation: It is unusual that zinc oxide provoked inflammation as it is often recommended for treatment of vulval irritation. Try switching to A&D cream or c... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Needs an exam: Lumps, bumps, blisters and other skin abnormalities on the genitals need to be evaluated. An examination will be needed to know the cause and treatmen... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
A Verified Doctoranswered
Trauma Surgery 51 years experience
See MD: May have an infection for which he may RX antibiotics.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership