Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can acid reflux cause back and chest pain

Dr. Michael Finkelstein
36 years experience in Internal Medicine

Dr. Laurence Badgley
52 years experience in General Practice
1
Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience in Internal Medicine
1
Dr. Christopher Conti
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Dr. Corinne Deurdulian
21 years experience in Radiology
Hard to say: That distribution is not typical, but pain can refer to different areas in different people.
2
Dr. Jay Bradley
17 years experience in LASIK Surgery
1
Dr. Matt Wachsman
35 years experience in Internal Medicine
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience in Dentistry
Possibly: Depending upon the severity of the symptoms and how you react, it may be possible to suffer secondary muscular discomfort.
1
Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience in Gastroenterology
Atypically, maybe?: What response in your back pain have you noticed when taking Prilosec or omeprazole (the drugs you have listed in your profile)?
1
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
31 years experience in Family Medicine
Yes: Acid reflux can be associated with back pain. Esecially in the thoracic area.
1
Dr. David Fink
38 years experience in Family Medicine
1
Dr. Edwin Perez
18 years experience in Pain Management
Pain: No. Two completely different problems.
1
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience in Pain Management
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience in Medical Oncology
1
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Douglas Chang
20 years experience in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
I don't think so: I can't really see a link.
Dr. Jill Valerius
22 years experience in Integrative Medicine
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
38 years experience in Pain Management
Dr. John Michalski
35 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Acid reflux: Simple answer: "yes." but there are many causes of pain in that region.
1
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
38 years experience in Psychiatry
1
Dr. Jared Adams
10 years experience in General Practice
Yes: Did you eat glass?
Dr. James Budd
41 years experience in Internal Medicine
1
Dr. Creighton Wright
55 years experience in General Surgery
Yes: Esophageal pain, gastro reflux, is chest pain.
1