Top answers from doctors based on your search:

burst blood vessel on tongue

A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Albert Malvehy
20 years experience Phlebology
Yes: You have a subconjunctival hemorrhage. This is benign and will go away on its own.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Isobe
53 years experience Phlebology
Yes/No: Spider veins in the legs are a common source of spontaneous bleeding, especially when one is heated as with exercise, or taking a hot bath/shower. Th ... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Oren
Dr. John Oren answered
40 years experience General Surgery
Yes: Spontaneous rupture of a vessel in the leg is not normal. You should seek consultation with your primary care physician and consider a referral to a v ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Ignore it : The area should self heal without any rx or tx.
1 thank
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Thomas Wright
28 years experience Phlebology
Spider veins?: The most common burst vessel are telangiectasia or "spider veins". They are caused by sun damage and trauma.
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bruce Ballon
32 years experience Ophthalmology
Broke blood vessel: Broken blood vessels can cause a bruise that may last a couple of weeks. If it doesn't resolve it may be an angioma (benign blood vessel tumor).
2 thanks
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Landi
46 years experience Phlebology
Yes.: If what you mean by a popped vein is a bulging varicose vein then itching can be due to the varicose vein. Other related symptoms could be aching, cr ... Read More
A 56-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bradford Romans
36 years experience Internal Medicine
Yes.this is a bruise: that will resolve over the next two weeks called a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage.Looks terrible but is harmless.if not slowly resolving over next 2 wks, ... Read More
A 53-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience Psychiatry
Tongue: With the lesion on your tongue please have it looked at by your primary care physician.
2 thanks
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Keshab Paudel
18 years experience Internal Medicine
Please clarify:: What kind of blood clot? That could be due to just trauma or if you asking about blood vessel clot, that is different . They are called thrombosis. ... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. George Kroumpouzos
31 years experience Dermatology
Angiokeratomas: These are benign vascular growths called angiokeratomas. They are innocent and do not require treatement unless they become symptomatic.
4 thanks
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Thomas Wolf
40 years experience Ophthalmology
Surface blood?: Acute subconjunctival hemorrhage is a bright red patch on the white part of eye . There should be no vision loss or pain. Yes...They look like they a ... Read More
A 61-year-old female asked:
Dr. Thomas Wright
28 years experience Phlebology
Trauma ?: The most likely cause is trauma. It is best to see a doctor about this especially if you dont remember anything bumping or bruising it.
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Subconjunctival hge: The subconjunctival bleed can happen in people with normal blood pressure also, usually painless. If you have pain or associated visual changes needs ... Read More
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gregory Lewis
43 years experience Urology
Yes: If you are referring to blood in the urine or coming out from the penis, it is not uncommon for this to be due to a ruptured vein in the region of the ... Read More
A 67-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
Yes: You should see your dermatologist for treatment and evaluation. _.
A 58-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tarek Hamid
8 years experience Dentistry
See a dentist ASAP: That blister is either from an infected tooth that is developed an abscess that was gone untreated, or a soft tissue lesion that need to be examined ... Read More
1 thank
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Susan Arnoult
24 years experience Family Medicine
It's OK: You can have a capillary burst in the lining of the eye causing a red splotch that can be pretty dramatic. As long as the blood does not cross over t ... Read More
2 thanks
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Edward Young Jr
40 years experience Dermatology
Yes it can: Yes, because the inflammation of the pimple extends below the capillary.
A 60-year-old female asked:
Dr. Franklin Allen
12 years experience Dentistry
See your doc: See your doc or nurse that manages your blood thinners. A tongue will stop bleeding on its own usually. Your blood may be too thin and can be danger ... Read More
6 thanks
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joe Golowa
18 years experience Interventional Radiology
Blood in vomit?: You can tear the bottom of your esophagus by throwing up hard which will bleed. There are other causes of throwing up blood. The question is unclear w ... Read More
1 thank
A 62-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
29 years experience Internal Medicine
Then seek help: Go to an urgent care or ER to be examined
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Warren Wolfe
57 years experience Family Medicine
Sounds normal: From your description it sounds normal, something like one would get after having had a needle puncture for a blood test. It should resolve within a ... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Lump: The lump may represent unabsorbed blood

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits