Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Arterial tortuosity

A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Korona
32 years experience Interventional Radiology
Usually: None.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Busuttil
32 years experience Vascular Surgery
None: Tortuosity of blood vessels occurs with advancing age. Arteries tend to get longer and stature tends to get shorter.
1 thank
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Richard Sheppeck
35 years experience Vascular Surgery
Wandering artery: In the normal anatomy of the arterial system, arteries take the most direct or straight path to their destination. Tortuosity or ectasia occurs as we ... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steve Kagan
30 years experience Vascular Surgery
None needed: Tortuous arteries (as long as they are not blocked or aneurysmal) do not require treatment.
A 71-year-old female asked:
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
Atheroslerosis: Serious often lethal condition if early diagnosis and intervention is not done, most common cause is atherosclerosis, slow flow state will also caus ... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Ewald
42 years experience Internal Medicine
Vertrebrobasilar: Were you started on full anticoagulation (warfarin/coumadin)? If so the bleeding gums could be secondary to therapy. The vertebrobasilar arterial bloc ... Read More
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Karen Shackelford
25 years experience Emergency Medicine
Depends on size: You should have this monitored regularly and at a certain point your doctor will recommend surgery, if aneurysm continues to grow. Take his advice. I ... Read More
3 thanks
A 61-year-old female asked:
Dr. Hector Dourron
26 years experience Vascular Surgery
Depends on severity: A twisted or distorted aorta can cause blood flow to be blocked from the narrowing of the aorta.
3 thanks
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Daniel Zanger
32 years experience Cardiology
Carotid: Possibilities include age, chronic hypertension and smoking.
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Bowers
32 years experience Internal Medicine
Risk: An individuals risk of coronary artery disease increases significantly when he or she has a first degree relative with cad, particularly if the relati ... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. R. Scott Anderson
38 years experience Radiation Oncology
Atherosclerosis: Usually it is the result of the build up of atherosclerotic plaques over time due to the buildup of cholesterol.
4 thanks
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ari Weitzner
32 years experience Ophthalmology
Benign: Tortuosity of the blood vessels in the retina. An incidental finding of no consequence.
A 55-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
32 years experience Family Medicine
Test Result: I find it is best to discuss any test result with the physician who did the test or ordered the test. They can interpret it knowing all the clinical h ... Read More
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
Blood vessel disease: Any disease affecting blood vessel is angiopathy, or disease of blood vessel.
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin answered
50 years experience Urology
Here are some...: A 400-letter space is impossible to address many indicated subjects as questioned here. Why not type in the terms as keywords to search online? Thereb ... Read More
1 comment
2 thanks
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Leaming
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Eye vessel problem: Retinal vein occlusion is blockage of the blood vessels returning from the eye to the body. Common retinal vascular disorder. Clinically it presents w ... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Venkata Chilakapati
22 years experience Cardiology
Not clear: Your question is not clear. Please reframe the question to get correct answer.
A 63-year-old female asked:
Dr. Keshab Paudel
18 years experience Internal Medicine
See a doctor: Enlarged heart and tortuous aorta could be serious like Aortic aneurysm. Please see a doctor.
1 thank
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Matthew Goren
31 years experience Ophthalmology
No: But it doesn't have to be. It's a benign condition.
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
50 years experience Cardiology
CAD: CAD is the same as pvd, it just is the term for the same disease located in the coronary arteries. The disease is all over the body.
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Creighton Wright
55 years experience General Surgery
Collateral: The palm and finger vessels are fed by multiple sources including radial, ulnar and less so the interosseous. These are interactive interconnected an ... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Oliver Aalami
22 years experience Vascular Surgery
Depends: Coronary artery bypass can be done with either the internal mammary arteries under ther sternum (there is one on each side), the radial arteries in th ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits