Dr. Alain Elbaz MD is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in the treatment of athletic injuries and performs surgery of the shoulder, knee, and hip. He has a special interest in joint preservation surgery for the active patient.
He routinely performs cutting-edge procedures such as arthroscopic rotator cuff repair with biologic augmentation using collagen patches and bone marrow stem cells, minimally invasive total shoulder replacement, reverse shoulder replacement.
He has been using PRP (platelet rich plasma) since 2002. He started using ultrasound guidance since 2008. Since then he has given thousands of ultrasound guided injections to every major joint of the body.
Stem cells are now the gold standard of biologic treatments. Patients get high quality stem cells in as little as 15-20 minutes in the office.
The advantage of working with Dr. Elbaz is that he has years of surgical experience having performed thousands of major operations. He is able to recommend the most appropriate treatment for each condition instead of relying only on one type of treatment for all conditions.
Biologic treatment with stem cells is now his preferred method of healing orthopedic injuries.
Dr. Elbaz grew up in Montreal Canada. He attended the University of Montreal Medical School and Orthopedic Program. He has been working in Northwest Houston since 1998. He is a founding partner of Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, a premier private orthopedic group in Houston.
• American Board of Orthopedic Surgery Certified 2007
• Certificate of added Qualifications in Sports Medicine from the American Academy of Orthopedics 2010
• Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
• Specialist Certificate in Orthopedic Surgery from the Province of Quebec
• License to practice medicine in the State of Texas
• License to practice medicine in the Province of Quebec