Dr. John McClay
I've won the following awards
Top Head and Neck Surgeon, National
Holder of the John K and Rhonda Pate Professorship in Otolaryngology 2008-2013
Best Doctors in America, 2003 to 2013
Texas Super Doctors 2006 to 2013
Best Doctors for Kids in Dallas, D Magazine, 2003 to 2013
Strathmoreâs Whoâs Who 2009, 2010
Outstanding Teacher, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas at Southwestern Medical Center 2001
Medical editor, on-line Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery Textbook, emedicine.com
Managing editor, on-line Pediatric textbook, emedicine.com
Invited Guest Panalist âPediatric Otolaryngology for the Practicing General Otolaryngologistâ TexMed Conference, May 18, 2012 Dallas, Texas
HealthTap Founding Doctor
- “Endoscopic Cauterization of Congenital Pyriform Fossa Sinus Tracts: An 18-year experience. Sun, Joel, Berg, Eric MD and John E McClay, MD, JAMA Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 2013 Dec 19. doi: 10.1001/jamaoto.2
“Sutureless verses Sutured posterior costal cartilage grafting in Laryngotracheal Reconstruction in Children” John E. McClay, MD, Jacquelyn Brewer. MD and Romaine Johnson, MD, Archives of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 13
Endoscopic management of subglottic stenosis” Sivi Bakthavachalam, M.D., John McClay M.D. Otolayngology Head and Neck Surgery, 139(4):551-9, 2008 Oct
“Medical and surgical management of subperiosteal orbital abscess secondary to acute sinusitis in children Oxford LE. McClay J. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 70(11):1853-61, 2006 Nov. Chosen for Academy of
“Clinical Presentation of Allergic Fungal Sinusitis in Children,” John E. McClay, MD, Brad Marple, MD, Lav Kapadia, MD, Michael J. Biavati, MD, Brian Nussenbaum, MD, Mark Newcomer, MD, Scott Manning, MD, Tim Boothe, MD, Natha
- “Medical and surgical management of subperiosteal orbital abscess secondary to acute sinusitis in children Oxford LE. McClay J. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 70(11):1853-61, 2006 Nov. Chosen for Academy
- “Management of Cervicofacial Nontuberculous Lymphadenitis in Children” John E. McClay, MD Carla Garcia, MD. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, 2013, 21:581-587.
- “Complications of Acute Sinusitis in Children” Lance E. Oxford, MD and John McClay, MD Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Vol.133, July 2005, pp.32-37. Chosen for Academy of Otolaryngology Home Study Course
- “Intravenous Antibiotics for Deep Neck Infections diagnosed by Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography”, John E. McClay, M.D. , Alan Murray, MD, Tim Booth, MD, Archives of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Vol
- “Radiology quiz case 1. Cystic fibrosis. Bakthavachalam S. McClay J. Archives of Otolaryngology -- Head & Neck Surgery. 133(1):90, 92, 2007 Jan
- “Autoamputation of an Extranasopharyngeal Angiofibroma of the Nasal Septum” Michael Castillo, MD, Charles, Timmons, MD, John McClay, MD. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology Extra (on-line), Vol.1, Dec, 2006, pp.
- “The Rising Incidence of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Pediatric Neck Abscesses.” Timothy S. Thomason, MD, Amy Brenski, MD, John McClay, MD, Dale Ehmer, MD, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Vol., 200
- “Age of Child, More than HPV Type, Is Associated with Clinical Course in Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis” Buchinsky FJ, Donfack J, Derkay CS, Choi SS, Conley SF, et al (McClay JE) PLoS ONE 3(5): e2263. doi:10.1371/jo
- “Evaluation of Sensorineural Hearing loss with Magnetic Resonance Imaging” John E. McClay, MD, Tim Boothe, MD, Romaine Johnson, MD, David Parry, MD, Peter Roland, MD, Archives of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Vol
- “Four mutations in Epidermodysplasia verruciformis 1 (EVER1) gene are not contributors to susceptibility in RRP. Donfack J. Buchinsky FJ. Derkay CS. Steinberg BM. Choi SS. Conley SF. Meyer CM 3rd. McClay JE. Campisi P. Hu
- “Antibiotic Therapy for Cervical Nontuberculous Mycobacteria” Amber Luong, MD, PhD, John E. McClay, MD, Orval Brown, MD, Hassan Jafre, MD. Laryngoscope. 115(10):1746-1751, October 2005.
- “HspE7 Treatment of Pediatric Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis: Final Results of an Open-Label Trial” Derkay, CS, Smith, RJ, McClay, J, van Burlik JA, Wiatrak, BJ, Arnold, J, Berger, B, Neefe, JR. Annals of Otology, Rhinilogy
- “Major and Minor Temporal Bone Abnormalities in Children with and without Congenital Sensorineural Hearing Loss, ” John E. McClay, MD, Richard Tandy, PhD., Gilbert Vezina, MD, Sugki Choi, MD, Kenneth Grundfast, MD, Ge
- “The Effectiveness of Tonsillectomy in Diagnosing Lymphoproliferative Disorder in Pediatric Patients following Liver Transplantation” Shelley Broughton, MD, John E. McClay, MD, Alan Murray, MD, John Sommerauer, MD, Walter
- "Resistant Bacteria in the Adenoid Bed," John E. McClay, MD. Archives of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. Vol. 126 ,May, 2000, pp. 625-629.
- “Initial Results from the National Registry for Juvenile-Onset Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis” Lori R. Armstrong, PhD.; Craig S. Derkay, MD; William C. Reeves, MD; and the RRP Task Force (34 pediatric and general O
- “Bifid Epiglottis and Polydactyly: A New Genetic Syndrome", McClay, John E., M.D., Brian Wiatrak, M.D., and Virginia Proud, MD, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 1997; 116: 129-33.