Doctor insights on:
Will A Meniscus Injury Disqualify Me From Joining The Us Air Force
Not necessarily: Many meniscus injuries will heal without any deficit or symptoms. Depends on the location and degree of injury. Some will cause locking of the knee and severe pain and can happen in association with injury to ligaments while other meniscus injuries will be more minor and can heal without surgery, or possibly with relatively minor arthroscopic surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Meniscus vs strain: The tincture of time. A strain will usually resolve in a short period of time(a month or less). Most symptomatic meniscal tears will continually be painful and will intermittently swell. ...Read more
Cartilage injury: The menisci (plural of meniscus) are 2 crescent, wedge shaped pieces of cartilage that are situated between the thigh bone (femur), and the leg bone (tibia) at the knee. One can imagine what can happen to these menisci when these 2 bones "jam" and twist against each other. The menisci can tear at various shapes and places, or "shear off" the knee attachment (capsule). This is a meniscal injury. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How old is too old to join the air force?
- Us air force banned supplements
- Would neurofibromatosis type 1 disqualify me from donating sperm to a sperm bank
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will an mcl injury take me away from sports?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free