Doctor insights on:
What Is The Fastest Way To Reduce A Swelling Of The Eye From An Injury
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Swelling from injury: For new injuries, applying cold compresses will help prevent/reduce any swelling if done within the first 48 to 72 hrs. Beyond that, warm application will induce fluid absorption thereby reducing the size of the swelling. ...Read more
Several days: With diligent moderately hot compresses to stye followed by gentle massage of the stye will typically resolve it after 7-10 days. There will be redness ; superficial changes in the shin where the stye was for up to a few weeks. As long as the stye has reasonably regressed over this period without pain anymore, you generally will do fine. Sometes the stye has to be lanced, particularly if increased. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My wife has pain in her right eye area. Swelling of the eye socket started. Both ENT and Opthalmologist couldn't find any problem. What should we do?
Get opinion: from neurologist. He might be able to help her. ...Read more
Ice: For any inflammation such as from an insect bite, applying local ice can help decrease or minimize swelling. A nice trick for an area as irregular as the eye is to take a bag of frozen peas and hold them against the area. Do not do this for more than 20 minutes as cold can cause injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I got elbowed in the eye 6days ago and the swelling has gone down but i can only open my eyes a quarter way. Will it stay like this forever?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a boil and heal the skin up?
- What is the most effective way to get rid of a nail biting habit for an adult?
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a double chin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a normal headache?
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a regular skin warts?
- What is the fastest way to get rid of burns?
- What is the best way to get rid of a ingrown toenail?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free