Doctor insights on:
What Can You Do When Someone Is Unconscious And Has A Spinal Injury
Call 911: Call 911. Do not move the person if at all possible. You may need to if leaving them in place places them in danger; or if they are not breathing, lack a pulse (that is they need CPR and you are trained in this). Moving someone with an unstable spine can cause further nerve or spinal cord injury. Emts are trained in how to safely move someone who may have this type of injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Recovery: You do not have any way. Basically one has to heal from the process of the surgery and this may take up to 12 months or so. I feel is by 12 months its as good as its going to be. ...Read more
Support neck: Perform CPR without extending neck.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below: This would depend on the level of the spinal cord injury which could involve the lowest spinal segments and little dysfunction up to the neck region which could result in total paralysis and even dysfunction of basic functions like breathing and heart beat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In many ways: A spine injury can range from minor to catastrophic. If there is spinal cord injury, a person will go through the same stages as someone losing a loved one to death: grief, anger, denial, depression, bargaining, and (hopefully) acceptance. Even less devastating spinal injuries can lead one down a similar path. It is normal, and getting support from friends, family, and professionals can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seek a neurosurgeon: Spinal cord injuries (sci) are very serious and can have lasting effects.Unfortunately, they are all too common with motor vehicle crashes and motor cycle accidents as leading causes.Spinal cord injury can manifest as pain, weakness, numbness and are often associated with a spinal fracture. You want to go to a medical center where they have experienced neurosurgeons who can help with the situation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do for someone who is choking on a glass of water?
- What is a conversion disorder how can you tell if someone in your family has it?
- What can you do if you witness someone have a heart attack and stop breathing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do when a baby has a crusty eye?
- What exercise can you do for the abs when you have a back injury?
- My boyfriend is 55 and has copdhe is having a hard time quiting smoking what can he do to have some energy
- When do you prescribe a cast vs a walking boot after foot and ankle injury
- Talk to a neurologist online