Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Exercises To Strengthen Your Ankle And Reduce The Risk Of Injury
ABC's: Pretend your big toe is your pencil point. Sit in chair without letting your foot touch. Now "write" your abc's- small or caps. While brushing your teeth balance on one foot for 1-1/2 min (spit), balance on other foot for 1-1/2 min. When this gets easy, close your eyes. Do these 2x a day. It helps range of motion and propioception ( balance). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Here are some: Straight leg raises wall squats single leg squat (only 45 degrees) calf raises and calf drops from a step a formal session with a physical therapist could be worth while to get you on your way previous ankle sprains need specific treatment to improve range and proprioception. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could you tell me what are good exercises to strengthen previous sports injury (on knee, ankle, calf)?
Why does elevating an injury (like a broken ankle) help? Does it only reduce swelling or something more?
Reduce swelling: Elevating an injury is a way to reduce swelling. Elevation should be used in conjuction with ice, and compression whenever possible. Ideally the injured limb should be raised above heart level. Decreasing swelling will in turn decrease pain, stiffness. Decreasing pain and stiffness will allow for an easier transition to physical therapy when the time comes. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What can cause pain in the front of my ankle and knee when stand on it or walk? No previous injuries, but I do exercise daily and am pretty healthy.
Equinas: Pain in anterior ankle and knees may by a result of lack of dorsi flexsion (equinas). Dorsi flexsion is the ability to bring your leg over your foot when walking. The lack of this ability will causes excessive pronation and flexsion in the knees to compensate. If compensation is not available then compression of the anterior ankle and knee instability will occur. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exercises to strengthen after an ankle injury
- What are some good neck strengthening exercises?
- What are some different wrist strengthening exercises?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some good exercises for your stomach that is bulging?
- What are some rehabilitation exercises to do after a traumatic brain injury?
- What are some good rehab exercises for a knee ligament injury?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a left thumb phalanx injury?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free