Doctor insights on:
Trabecular Bone Injury
Arthritis or fractur: Sesamoiditis is painful inflammation of the sesamoid apparatus, which is located in the forefoot most patients will describe a deep achy and sharp pain in the ball of the foot behind the big toe with every step taken. It will be difficult to perform many weight bearing activities. Most patients do not have pain when at rest. Could be treated by consevatie means. Or surgical means. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Most heal completely: Most bone injuries (fractures) will heal completely. They may need to be repositioned in a cast or surgically to ensure good healing. A few fractures occur in areas with a limited blood supply, and healing may not occur as well. And if you have certain medical conditions or smoke, bone healing will not be as good. ...Read more
Therapy: Follow your doctors program of care, use the modalities prescribed such as heat or ice, stretching and motion exercises and wearing splints, casts and immobilizers as prescribed and follow up with physical theray and other therapy as prescribed for you. Keep your follow up appointments and be sure to tell your doctor and therapist of any problems or concerns you have and any new or worsening sym. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See your doctor.: This is a problem that necessitates a face-to-face meeting with your doctor. This will allow him/her to examine you, ask specific questions. And possibly order tests to find out what's wrong and what to do to help you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why can bone injuries heal more quickly than injuries to cartilage?
- Why do bone injuries heal much more rapidly than injuries to cartilage?
- Which is a worse injury a shoulder dislocation or a broken collar bone
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the main symptoms of shock from breaking a bone or other major injury?
- Microtrabecular bone injury
- Crushing injury to the occipital bone
- How would you know if you have a soft tissue injury or a possible bruised bone?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free