Doctor insights on:
Should I Do Calf Raises To Help Recover From My Achilles Injury
Yes helps Achilles: Stand on the edge of a step and lower the heels down slowly, both at the same time. Place the emphasis on the downward phase. Reverse the movement and rise up onto your tip toes. You can adjust the pressure on the injured leg by taking most of your weight on the good leg. Repeat this exercise as many times as is comfortable.Do not over-do it, apply cold therapy to achilles after exercise. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When in seated position and fully extend my leg at knee, it feels like pulling from middle calf through Achilles insert. No injuries. Causes?
Tight muscles.: What you are describing is typical of tight muscles from a lack of stretching of the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles (called the triceps surae). You can learn to stretch these muscles. If stretching does not help, consider seeing your doctor for further evaluation and treatment, which may include a referral to a physical therapist. ...Read more
Calf tightness w/ swelling Achilles (and paratendon) + distended unilateral tributary over achilles. Compartment syndrome? Venous? No known injury.
Can knee injury w/o swelling cause pain/discomfort in the calf or achilles? Does a MRI detect every possible knee injury or is more imaging required?
What do I do after being diagnosed with an Achilles tendon rupture to my rt leg following a sporting injury?
How far does the Achilles tendon ascend in the leg? What is a common diagnostic tool to diagnose injury/disease of the tendon that isn't ruptured?
See below: It could be a strain or possible tear. Get it examined by a doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i do eccentric calf raises before or after a run
- Do calf raises help you run faster?
- What should i do for exercise while recovering from anorexia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does a hyperbaric oxygen chamber help with recovering from a pcl injury?
- How do i recover from smoking?
- How can i recover from a knee injury faster?
- What should i do to prevent tailbone pain from my wheelchair?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free