Doctor insights on:
Safe Spinal Cord Injury Sex
Spinal cord injury is a condition in which a person has damage to the nerves in his spinal cord (which is protected inside the spine from the brain to the tailbone). Injuries such as those from car accidents, climbing accidents, or gunshot wounds often cause paralysis (loss of use of legs, abdominal ...Read more
See answer below: It all depends where you need to transfer to. Check out fasteddy07 on youtube where i demonstrate how to perform a variety of wheelchair transfers, on a shower bench, on a bed, in a car, from the floor etc... Of course, depending on the injury level, some transfers may not be possible independently. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: You will not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Spinal cord injury: Is an injury to the actual cord of portions of neurons that extend from the base of your brain down the spinal canal and send the nerves to the rest of your body from the brain. The actual injury can be numerous mechanisms, from anything from trauma to infection to infarct, severing communication of some degree from your brain to the levels below the injury. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe for a man with spinal cord injury to have sex?
- Injury of spinal cord
- What is a spinal cord injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Spinal cord injury quadriplegia
- What are spinal cord injuries?
- Spinal cord injuries statistics
- Spinal cord injury reversible
- Talk to a neurologist online