Doctor insights on:
Need Help With Achilles Tendon Injury
Topaz: Tendon injuries can be difficult to treat. Aside from the normal treatments such as rest, therapy, casting or orthotics, some physicians are turning to topaz. Topaz is a minimally invasive procedure that uses radiofrequency to treat the underlying tendon. In the right patient, topaz could speed up healing times considerably. ...Read more
Can someone help me verify that this is an Achilles tendon injury? It feels tight and hurts when i stretch.
Stretch!: Make sure you do your warm-up and cool down stretches consistently. Check your shoes and make sure they are not wore out. Adding an arch support or heel pad may be beneficial. Temporarily hold back on your exercise intensity or duration. If these things do not work, see a podiatrist or orthopedist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Achilles problems: Sometimes an in jury to this area feels like a popping and it immediately causes sharp pain and a limp. Pain at the back of the heel, worsened by walking barefoot or trying to toe-raise are also signs. See your local podiatrist for further evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Immobilization: Hi: the quickest road to recovery is cast immobilization and not try to dance through the injury. Best regards: dr. Mark reed placentia-linda foot & ankle group drs. Mark and melanie reed 1275 rose drive, suite 136 placentia, ca 92870 fax: (714) 528-0739 office: (714) 528-2252 www.Footpain.Org drmreed@footpain.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can fat cells be able to help people with spinal cord injuries?
- Achilles tendon injury
- How to wrap an achilles tendon injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My achilles tendon always hurts does it have to do with the type of shoes
- Can you walk with a torn achilles tendon?
- Achilles tendon injury motorcycle accident
- Can you walk with a ruptured achilles tendon?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free