Doctor insights on:
Is Stuttering Caused By A Brain Injury
Maybe: This speech rhythm and rate disorder affects 5% of children aged 2 - 5. It may last for several weeks to several years. Stuttering tends to run in families and genes that cause stuttering have been identified. There is evidence that stuttering may be a result of some unusual brain injuries, such as stroke or traumatic brain injuries. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Anything that disrupts tissue integrity can cause brain damage: lack of or reduced oxygen (stroke), viamin deficiency, pressure (hydrocephalus, or, bleeding or tumor inside the skull), blunt or penetrating trauma; infection; inflammation (immune system mediated or otherwise); toxins (alcohol, ecstasy, lead, mercury, arsenic, to name but a few); diseases (ms, diabetes, ...Read more
Why is it that I can only move 2 toes on my brain injury effected side foot what is this caused by and why?
I have an Acquired Brain Injury caused by a colloid cyst in third ventricle, how do I source help or rehab for brain injury.
Traumatic brain injury patient(severe concussion)mostly recovered now just headaches caused by noise. legs now started jolting uncontrollably-am I ok?
Long term sequelae: There are long term sequelae that may be associated with brain injury. The more severe the brain injury, the more likely the sequelae. Mri technology has exploded in recent years and allows one to see signs of prior damage to white matter tracts or signs of small microhemorrhages. An example of a possible long-term sequelae is the development of normal pressure hydrocephalus many (>10) years later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Brain injury is a condition in which the brain is damaged due to an injury. Brain injury often results when the head violently and suddenly hits an object or when an object deeply pierces the head. The symptoms of brain injury vary from mild to severe depending on how much the ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to cause a brain bleed by shaking my head too hard?
- Loss of blood to the brain caused by a ruptured vessel is called
- Can a brain aneurysm be caused by a head injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain
- Is there a typical cause for traumatic brain injury?
- How can you tell if a rash is caused by an allergic reaction or something else?
- What is pulsatile tinnitus caused by a bruit in the carotid systems?
- Talk to a pediatrician online