Doctor insights on:
Is Sex Safe When Have An Injury
Good question: Anything that causes eye pain or that can risk further injury to the eye should be avoided. If the injury required suturing, there can be a risk of sutures breaking from bearing down. It is advisable to ask the doctor who treated you for your specific injury what level of activity you can engage in safely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm practicing yoga after a long hiatus. How do I determine a safe stretch for my body? I've attended one class, so far, and until my flexibility increases, i want to avoid injury by stretching safely, but still achieve a productive stretch.
I : I recommend discussing this with your yoga teacher. It is always safest to start slow and slowly increase your stretch over many days or weeks as you adjust to the stretch. You want to avoid painful stretches to try to decrease chance of tearing soft tissues or injuring yourself. Good luck! ...Read more
Dont overstrain: You can work out provided you do not strain the injured muscle initially. Once the injury has healed and supported then you can work out to build endurance and strengthen the area that was injured. Check with physical therapist who can guide you on tonifying excercises and the appropriate time after injury for exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, usually: Depends on the type of injury.I recommend non weight bearing activities such as: swimming, cycling, rowing and lifting weights(sitting or lying position only).Use a floatation device in swimming to keep weight off. Stay in the saddle with cycling. Sometimes these can aggravate the foot, start slowly. Many times you don't know you are overdoing until you have already overdone it. Be careful. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible that consensual agressive sex could cause an injury to the liver resulting in fibrosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to have sex after an uterine biopsy?
- Is it safe to have sex when i am in the third trimester?
- Is it safe for a man with spinal cord injury to have sex?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to have sex in pregnancy if yes when?
- When is safe to have an abortion
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- Is it okay to have sex when you have jock itch will my partner catch it?
- Is anal sex safe if you have an internal hemorrhoid?