Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Work Out After An Eye Injury
No risk: Using a computer cannot injure your eyes. You can get fatigue and other symptoms such as redness or burning. These symptoms can be treated. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on the injury, but most injuries would not preclude you from having sexual activity. Some surgeries it is recommended to avoid strenuous activity after for 7-30 days. ...Read more
It depends: It depends on the severity of vision loss. If vision in the injured eye is poor then depth perception is lost and has to be "re-learned" by visual clues. If vision remains good in the injured eye or can be restored surgically, then depth perception should not be effected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably all: If your eye is injured, especially if there is a chance the outer wall has been penetrated you should be seen immediately. If the vision drops, the eye gets red or painful, or you see light flashing then an examination with your ophthalmologist is mandatory. It is always best in this circumstance to err on the side of caution and protect your vision. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Physical/chemical: Major eye injuries are caused by blunt and sharp trauma, with or without globe penetration/rupture. Strong chemicals (e.g. battery acid, lye drain cleaner, etc.) can cause vision threatening eye injuries. Eye protection with safety glasses, goggles, face shields and avoidance of dangerous situations can help prevent work related eye injury. Flush out eyes immediately if splashed, ...Read more
Many: Depending on the structure injured, and the nature of the injury, symptoms can include blurred vision, pain, redness of the eye, tearing, loss of central or peripheral vision, among others. Treatment depends on the nature and degree of the injury, but can include drops, patching, special bandage contact lenses, or surgery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to work out all days of a week?
- Is it okay to eat dessert if you work out?
- How long should i wait to work out after a knee injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to work out your back if you have mild scoliosis?
- I have a pink eye is it okay to go back to work
- How soon after a spinal cord injury is it okay to give the person a massage?
- Is it okay to smoke right after having your tonsils out?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free