Doctor insights on:
Injury Falling Down Stairs
DEPEND: My first recommendation is for you to see your primary care physician to determine the exact nature of your injury. While awaiting an appointment, i would recommend that you soak in warm water for 20 minutes twice per day and or apply ice to the painful area. Performance of light stretching exercises combined with otc nsaids may also be beneficial. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on the severity of the fall and age and health of the patient. Older patients more likely to suffer hip fractures. Younger patients less likely to break their hips. Other injuries are soft tissue or injuries to where the muscle attaches to the hip. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a bad knee from a falling injury about 6 years ago. It only hurts when humidity high. Can i move into a home with stairs or is this unwise?
Avoid stairs: If you have already having difficulties with your knee from the previous injury, stairs may pose a bigger and bigger challenge in coming years. Would recommend a single level home to avoid needing to go up and down stairs on a regular basis. ...Read more
Does a head injury cause floaters? I've had them since I was young and also had a head injury at the age of 8 (fell down flight of cement stairs).
Annoying: Floaters represent a consolidation of the normal "Jell-O like" material within the eye, called vitreous. When light passes into your eye, through the vitreous gel, the consolidations block the light and cast shadows on the retina. This is the essence of a floater. Very annoying. However, if found upon examination not to affect of the retina, then just annoying. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Head injury from falling down stairs
- Injury from falling down stairs
- Falling down stairs injuries
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Injuries from falling down stairs
- Fall down stairs injuries
- How can i know if my spleen is ruptured after falling down stairs?
- Can i sprain my ankle by falling down a flight of stairs?
- What injuries can you get from falling down the stairs?