Doctor insights on:
Injury Falling Down Stairs
DEPEND: My first recommendation is for you to see your primary care physician to determine the exact nature of your injury. While awaiting an appointment, i would recommend that you soak in warm water for 20 minutes twice per day and or apply ice to the painful area. Performance of light stretching exercises combined with otc nsaids may also be beneficial. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on the severity of the fall and age and health of the patient. Older patients more likely to suffer hip fractures. Younger patients less likely to break their hips. Other injuries are soft tissue or injuries to where the muscle attaches to the hip. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a bad knee from a falling injury about 6 years ago. It only hurts when humidity high. Can i move into a home with stairs or is this unwise?
Avoid stairs: If you have already having difficulties with your knee from the previous injury, stairs may pose a bigger and bigger challenge in coming years. Would recommend a single level home to avoid needing to go up and down stairs on a regular basis. ...Read more
I slipped coming down stairs last night my fall caused injury to right side of my back, kidney area. Pain has increased today pain is sharp anytime i move not while I am at rest should I go seek help
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Injury from falling down stairs
- Back injury from falling down stairs
- Head injury from falling down stairs
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to watch for after falling down a flight of stairs and injurying ankle?
- What injuries can you get from falling down the stairs?
- Headache after falling down stairs
- Falling down the stairs lump buttocks
- Falling down stairs injuries