Doctor insights on:
Improve Basketball Skills Ankle Injury
Stand and shoot: Once you can stand +/- an ankle brace, you can start sport-specific rehabilitation immediately, such as shooting without jumping, cutting, or pushing off with the injured foot. You will be able to advance as tolerated until you are cleared for normal individual drills and finally team drills once all pain with activities has resolved. Physical therapy can help guide you along a standard algorithm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
RICE: Of course, xrays are necessary to ensure there is no fracture or dislocation. If it is a sprain, the principles of rest, ice, compression and elevation (rice) apply initially. In the ensuing few days to a week, ankle braces can be applied and then physical therapy initiated. If all components listed above are followed, the time to recovery can be cut in half! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Severity of injury: Assessment of ankle injury is a function of 1. Amount of force incurred at impact. Amount of pain , swelling. Amount ones pain changes with weight bearing , whether or not ones ankle feels loose or unstable. Length of time all the above takes to resolve ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See a doctor: You need a new evaluation and treatment plan. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Knee injury swollen ankle
- Ankle swelling after knee injury
- Ankle pain and swelling without injury
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a knee injury cause ankle swelling?
- Foot and ankle injuries
- What to watch for after falling down a flight of stairs and injurying ankle?
- Ankle pain and swelling no injury
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free