Doctor insights on:
How Long Should Achilles Tendon Injury Last
Varies: This may depend on how long after the 1st injury occurred, how it is being treated, what type of injury. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on how severe the injury. But any where from 2-4 weeks. ...Read more
Stretch!: Make sure you do your warm-up and cool down stretches consistently. Check your shoes and make sure they are not wore out. Adding an arch support or heel pad may be beneficial. Temporarily hold back on your exercise intensity or duration. If these things do not work, see a podiatrist or orthopedist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Immobilization: Hi: the quickest road to recovery is cast immobilization and not try to dance through the injury. Best regards: dr. Mark reed placentia-linda foot & ankle group drs. Mark and melanie reed 1275 rose drive, suite 136 placentia, ca 92870 fax: (714) 528-0739 office: (714) 528-2252 www.Footpain.Org drmreed@footpain.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Important : To determine the extent of the injury. If the tendon is itself injured bad, it is possible you should not walk on it. Is their any open skin? Is it simply a tendonitis? If allowed to walk, often a heel lift is recommended. You may or not need immobilization while weight bearing though. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Topaz: Tendon injuries can be difficult to treat. Aside from the normal treatments such as rest, therapy, casting or orthotics, some physicians are turning to topaz. Topaz is a minimally invasive procedure that uses radiofrequency to treat the underlying tendon. In the right patient, topaz could speed up healing times considerably. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long to heal achilles tendon injury?
- How long should brain injury last?
- How long should spleen injury last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should a head injury last?
- How long does it take for achilles tendon injury to heal?
- How to wrap an achilles tendon injury?
- How long should anterior cruciate ligament injury last?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free