Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For An Eye Injury To Heal
5-7 days critical: This is when re-bleeding can occur, do activity must be extremely limited. After that there could be a few more weeks before things seem healed. Severe injury could even require surgery. A cataract or glaucoma could develop even years later so it is important be be checked at least yearly after such an injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Up to 1 or 2 days: Black eyes may occur quickly with a direct impact to the eye. This happens because there is some bleeding in the soft areas around the eye that cause the darker color. Other injuries that fracture bones like facial and skull fractures bleed more slowly, and it may take a day or two before the black eye appears. ...Read more
See doctor!: What you are asking depends on severity, extent, location.... Far too broad of a question o be able to answer in a meaningful way! ...Read more
Probably all: If your eye is injured, especially if there is a chance the outer wall has been penetrated you should be seen immediately. If the vision drops, the eye gets red or painful, or you see light flashing then an examination with your ophthalmologist is mandatory. It is always best in this circumstance to err on the side of caution and protect your vision. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for an ulcer to heal on the eye?
- How long does it take for an injured ligament on the hand to heal?
- How long does it usually take for a groin muscle injury to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for an ulcer to heal?
- How long does it take for a hand injury to heal?
- How long does it take for achilles tendon injury to heal?
- How long does it take for an ulcer to heal in the mouth?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free