Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If I Have An Achilles Tendon Injury After My Motorcycle Accident
Weak plantar flexion: When walking, the calf muscle contracts, your foot pushes down, and you are propelled forward. If your foot is forced up while the gastroc is contracting, you can tear the achilles tendon. A partial tear may be more swollen and sore than weak, while a complete tear is weak. Lie on your stomach with your knee flexed, squeeze your calf, and your foot should plantar flex if the tendon is intact. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Topaz: Tendon injuries can be difficult to treat. Aside from the normal treatments such as rest, therapy, casting or orthotics, some physicians are turning to topaz. Topaz is a minimally invasive procedure that uses radiofrequency to treat the underlying tendon. In the right patient, topaz could speed up healing times considerably. ...Read more
Many reasons may be: The injury could have happened for the same reason that it is now difficult to heal: metabolic/ hormonal/ medication side effects. However, other things can produce chronic inflammation as well, such as fibromyalgia for example. After the injury, a proper stretching routine, physical therapy are important, but the recovery may still take over a year on occasion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What type....?: This depends on what type of injury you are recovering from. Strains are most responsive to rest and avoidance of stetching of the heel cord. However, there are a number of studies showing that tendinosis (tendinopathy) is best resolved through eccentric stretching exercises. Be evaluated and treated by an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon - one in your area can be found at www.Aofas.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Achilles tendon injury motorcycle accident
- Can i tell if i have a torn ligament in my shoulder after a motorcycle accident?
- I was in a motorcycle accident and i have headaches
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you treat multiple fractures of the back after a motorcycle accident?
- How can i tell if my whiplash after a car accident will get better?
- I have pain in my achilles tendon
- What does it mean to have rib pains after a small motorcycle accident?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free