Doctor insights on:
Does A Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Help With Recovering From A Pcl Injury
The following:: Must not - people with a collapsed lung or are using medications that impair wound healing (cisplatin, sulfamylon), affect the lungs (bleomycin) or other (doxorubicin, disulfiram). Might not - those with asthma, claustrophobia, copd, pregnancy, an epidural pain pump, a pacemaker, seizure disorder, upper respiratory infection, high fever, eustachian tube dysfunction, or congenital spherocytosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Texas researchers have found that patients with long-standing but stable traumatic brain injury (tbi) show a general improvement in speech, memory and attention after undergoing a series of hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatments. Dr. Paul harch and colleagues presented their findings in seattle at the undersea and hyperbaric medical society annual scientific meeting. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: We have used hbot for brain injuries of all types for over 10 years and have gotten excellent results. If i ever have a condition of this kind, an hbot chamber is one of the first places i want to be. Jain's textbook of hyperbaric medicine is a good starting place for info about the effects of hbot. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Possibly yes: The usefulness of hyperbaric oxygen therapy in healing chronic diabetic foot ulcer is well documented. There is only anecdotal evidence that hbo will help acute injuries heal. Inflammation is evident both in chronic wounds and in acute injury. Hbo is known to decrease inflammation so theoretically acute injuries should resolve more quickly with hbo. More study is needed before hbo use for injury. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from a hand injury?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- Does a heating pad help with kidney stones?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it typically take to recover from a hip flexor strain?
- How long does it take to recover from a colonoscopy?
- Would orajel help with pain from a decaying tooth
- Does heating pad help with a kidney stone?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online