Doctor insights on:
Can A Stroke Or Closed Head Injury Directly Affect Your Personality
A closed head injury i feel may be behind loss of memory, depression, and balance what would be the best approach to treating this sort of thing?
Approach: The first thing is to get a proper diagnosis. Contact your doctor who may refer you to a neurologist or rehabilitation specialist. If there is any question in your history, an MRI may help the diagnosis. If a brain injury is suspected after these steps, a neuopsychological evaluation is called for. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, not permanent: Concussions are a traumatic brain injury (tbi) commonly affecting 4 areas: thinking, emotion, sleep and body. Symptoms affecting thinking are poor concentration, slow thinking; emotional are irritability, sadness, anxious ; sleep are increased sleeping, trouble falling or staying asleep; body are headache, nausea, dizzy, sensitivity to light or sounds. If you have any of these see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can a concussion/head injury change your sexuality or kinks forever? or cause you to not like art? afraid of personality changes to me.
Reassurance : No, this is temporary condition and resolutions depend on severity of injury. Be well and take rest seriously. Rest is the therapy. ...Read more
Extremely: Most healing occurs in the first 12-18 months. Rehabilitative efforts are most effective during this time as well. ...Read more
BIA.ORG: Try here first: http://www.Biausa.Org/.Get a more detailed answer ›
TBI: One that causes injury to superior temporal or inferior frontal lobe in the dominant hemisphere. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Closed head injury concussion
- Pathophysiology of closed head injury
- Can a head injury cause a stroke?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can hitting your head hard cause a stroke?
- Can a diet affect the hair already on your head?
- Can a sgnificant head injury stunt your growth?
- Does marijuana get in the way of recovery from a closed head injury?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free