Doctor insights on:
Can A Spleen Rupture Even Without A Serious Trauma Or Injury
A 37 yr old friend died very unexpectedly. He turned out to have guienne barie (sp?). He died suddenly from a ruptured spleen. No trauma. Why?
Guillain-Barre is: An autoimmune polyneuritis seen in younger adults. It occurs after viral diseases such as mononucleosis, herpes but also after le and hodgkin disease. Non traumatic rupture of spleen can happen in diseased spleen usually cancers. The 2 conditions (mono and hodgkin) involve the spleen so this could be the link. Only an autopsy could have shed full light on the tragedy. Very sad...And very rare.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could i mistake a ruptured spleen with an intercostal sprain? The pain is on the left side and back near the "floating" ribs. No blunt trauma at all.
Yes: Your surgeon should answer your questions. Realize that they will have a very busy emergency schedule, so select one member of your family to ask the questions from your group & that selected person to relay the answers back to your group. Do not have multiple individuals from your group all call and each try to ask questions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Goto ER: Its an emergency. You could bleed to death. Sometimes surgery is warranted to remove the spleen. ...Read more
Having severe pain in the area where my spleen is whenever I move or breathe. Ultrasound came back ok but is there still chance of ruptured spleen?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ruptured spleen from trauma survival rate
- Can a person survive without a spleen?
- Can you rupture your spleen during weightlifting?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a follicles rupture even if its small size 11mm?
- What can cause a bruise without trauma?
- Can a person without a spleen be a bone marrow donor?
- Can a ruptured spleen heal or does it always have to be surgically removed?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free