Doctor insights on:
At What Age Is The Highest Risk Of Injury In Sports
What are the most common sports injuries? How can you reduce your risk of injury if you're an athlete?
Varies by sport: The most common sports injuries really depends on the sport you play. To prevent injuries, stretch and building appropriate strength for your sport and level of participation. Also be sure to get adequate nutrition and hydration before and after any physical activity. Work with a sports medicine trained physician to develop an individualized prevention program. ...Read more
Spikes & Sports: The answer is yes and no. Shoes with "traction enhanced" surfaces came into vogue as sports participation evolved onto different artfiicial playing fields. Slips often caused hyperextension injuries. Rotational injuries are more common today due to force transmission up the leg to the knee and hip courtesy of a well entrenched foot. A well conditioned athlete can compensate with training. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tough to say: Any activity can be safe or dangerous. Someone who has never skied is more likely to get hurt than an amateur who skis every year, but is this more likely than a person who goes out to play tennis or basketball? The main focus should be on making sure you have the proper conditioning before participating in impact sports. Jumping, bursts of speed put a lot of stress on tendons and ligaments. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: In a recent survey it was found that, sportswomen are eight times more likely to suffer injury like anterior cruciate ligament (acl) than men. It is considered as an epidemic. The study also confirmed the fact that more than thousands of sportswomen undergo ACL operations each year. Hips, back and shoulders – women players in the sport of rugby are more prone to shoulder injuries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of death at age 50
- What is the highest dosage of antihistamine that one person can take at one time?
- What is average age of sex for girls in the us?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of blood culture in high risk pregnancy?
- Is menstruation in my daughter at the age of nine considered precocious puberty?
- My daughter is a volunteer at the hospital what are her risks in er
- What sports can toddlers play at the age of two?
- What is the benefit of taking metoprolol for pvcs at night or in the morning?